How to Make Coffee Without a Coffee Maker: Everyone likes a nice cup of coffee in the morning, but not everyone can make a perfect coffee at home without a coffee maker. But coffee maker is not always there when you need it. Sometimes you are travelling; sometimes you are out on a rainy day and want a good cup of coffee.
Well First, don’t take stress. There are several ways of making a perfect coffee without a coffee maker, the two of which are listed below.
Method 1: The Saucepan Method
This is a very basic method. Utensils needed for this method are found in almost every kitchen in the world. But this method does require something that not everybody has –Attention.
- Pour some water in a saucepan and place it on the stove. Use a little bit more water than you would use to make coffee in a coffee maker.
- Add in some coffee and give the mixture a good stir.
- Turn the flame to medium, and keep stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, keep it boiling for 2-3 minutes
- Now remove the pot from the stove and turn-off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Your perfect coffee is ready.
Method 2: The Coffee Bag
For this method, you will need a coffee filter and some string. The string should no have a plastic coating or some kind of sealing around it to prevent it from melting down.
- Measure coffee for one cup.
- Pour it in the coffee filter.
- Enclose the filter around the coffee and tie with the string. Make sure that you are leaving some string to rest outside the cup.
- Heat some water.
- Place the coffee filter in the empty cup.
- Carefully pour the hot water into your cup.
- Allow the coffee to steep for 4 minutes. For weaker coffee, you only need 2-3 minutes. If you prefer stronger coffee, increase the time to 5-6 minutes.
- Now remove the filter and your cup of coffee is ready.
Enjoy your lovely coffee!!